|Circuit Name||Korea International Circuit|
|Number of Laps||55|
|Circuit Length||5.615 km|
|Race Distance||308.630 km|
|Lap Record||1:39.605 - S Vettel (2011)|
Korea's First Ever International Circuit
The Korea International Circuit (KIC) is the first race track in South Korea which achieved the Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) Grade A standard. It is considered as a milestone for Korean Motorsports.
Unique Thrills from a Counter-clockwise Track
KIC's track a unusual counter-clockwise circuit. Out of 20 circuits that are listed in the 2011 Formula One Calendar, only 5 countries have counter-clockwise tracks : Singapore, South Korea, Abu Dhabi, U.S. and Brazil. Most drivers are used to driving clockwise, so driving in the opposite direction provides an interesting and fresh challenge for the top-rank racing drivers.
Magnificent View and Style
The KIC has the longest straight track in Asia. The 1.2km straight line allows drivers to reach blistering speeds of up to 320km/h.
Maximum 320km/h, Straight Course at Peak Speed
Section 3 (Marine section) of KIC has the wonderful view overlooking Yeongam Lake. The bridge design between the pit lane and the Main Grandstands is inspired by the style of 'Hanok', the Korean Traditional House, and its beautiful style became a landmark of Korea International Circuit.
- Jensen Button (McLaren) :
- I was able to feel the passion and interest for motor sports among the Korean fans. The Korea International Circuit has a good layout. It has interesting corners and I think overall it is an excellent layout
- Fernando Alonso (Ferrari) :
- This track is nice to drive, very interesting with three sectors each different to the other
- Mark Webber (Redbull) :
- The (Korean) circuit was interesting and left a good impression.
- Nico Rosberg (Williams) :
- The track is nice to drive and it should be good for racing with long straights and hairpins where you can try to overtake.
- (F1 Times) :
- The Korean Grand Prix was a race to remember, a new frontier for motor sports.
- (Telegraph) :
- The Korean Grand Prix has the potential to become the most interesting race during the F1 Season.
- (Formula1.com) :
- The most interesting and exciting race in the 2010 season.
As both the venue of FORMULA 1 KOREA GRANDPRIX and the one and only international standard racing track in Korea, Korea International Circuit has launched its official Brand Identity(BI) which demonstrates the dynamic image of motor sports as well as Korea's traditional style and grace.
The BI, whose theme is 'The Passion and Energy of Racing on the Endlessly Outstretching Circuit', has gained reputation as a world-class design by blending the traditional Taegeuk mark and the vigorousness of Motor Sports together with outstanding modem flavor.
The swirling Taegeuk mark sufficiently visualizes the circuit as the pivot of technology, industry, people and trend. Furthermore, the shape of the tight bend of the circuit and the fluttering checkered flag embodies the vivacity of motor sports.
The Bi maximizes visual impact by using the color red, the symbol of passion and energy which motorsprots release, and perspective which manifests the intense speed of Motor Sports.
The BI is expected to be the representative sysmbol of the motorsports of Korea by being exposed to the motorsportss fans in and outside the country through various MD products and international events including the FORMULA ONE KOREAN GRAND PRIX.